Monday, November 17, 2008

Layaway, Baby

Remember when I told you all that hubby won a gift card to his store for it being accident free for the longest period of time? Well, last week he received his card, and it was for $200. I was so happy! We went Friday and spent it all on the kids. We bought the girls a few things, but we spent the most on Ryan. I think now they are pretty even on the numbers of gifts they will have under the tree, but it still isn't enough. I have a few more specific things they have asked for, and a few surprises I want to be able to get. The biggest surprise being a new television for their room. The one they have in there has become possessed. It turns off and on all on it's own, and the volume goes all wonky while you're watching something. Ryan finds this particularly annoying when he is playing his video games.

The only problem I face with buying a new television is that I do not have the money to pay for the whole thing at one time. Thank goodness Kmart Layaway is available for me to use. I can go pick out a television the kids will love, then make payments over the next eight weeks. Of course, I would have to make payments over the next 5 weeks or so, since Christmas is creeping up pretty quickly this year. I can also get the girls the bikes they are wanting, and Ryan is still asking, I mean begging, for a video camera. Putting these things on layaway will also keep them out of the house, away from snooping children.Click Here
Post?slot_id=25211&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

6 comments:

Carrie said...

sounds like you are getting another step closer to being ready for Christmas...what is it now????only 39 days until Christmas?!

Have a great Monday :0)
Miss Ya!

Kristin said...

$200! Yeah! That is so cool...what a huge help that was...I hope his store stays accident free again and he can get a similar prize in the future, what a great incentive!

Jennifer said...

Seems like I saw somewhere Sears is going to layaway this year for Christmas too??

Tammy said...

I'm so happy that the gift card ending up to be so big!!!! That really helped you. I would love a little help like that. It sounds like you are doing great with your shopping. I really need to do some but not having the money really takes the fun out of it.

Anonymous said...

Christmas! I'm just trying to get through November as it is!

Jennifer said...

wow. that is great that hubby won $200. very cool. i wish my hubby would win some money... but fat chance of that happening... his job is sucking majorly latley!! ugh.

well enough of that crap!!

i'm so happy to hear that you are doing good with x-mas shopping. we haven't started at all. i'm bummed. SUPER bummed. but i guess in time we will start to get some things. i just am not sure what to get the kids... there are tons of things that i could buy them, sure, but I want to make it something FABULOUS! something they will LOVE and play with for hours!!

we'll see. Way to go!! :)

xoxoxo