Friday, October 17, 2008

Almost Party Time

I have exactly one more week until the kids Halloween/Birthday party. I sat and made goodie bags the other night, and all the food is bought. I had Ryan dig through boxes to find my old pumpkin costume so I could try it on. It doesn't fit. I was disappointed, because I really wanted to wear it. That means I have to find something else. Last year I was a cat. Okay, so I just wore the ears. This year kasi is going to use them, with the tail, and be a black cat. I loved her witch costume from last year, but she doesn't know what happened to the hat. Besides, she said it was too hot wearing it. Brandi wants to wear my pumpkin costume, and with little work it can fit her. So I guess that leaves me and Ryan needing new halloween costumes. He has no idea what he wants to be. His only requirement is that it's bloody. I think it should be that it's easy to see with it on. Last year he had a scary mask, but he took it off 5 minutes into the party because he couldn't see with it on. We are having another costume contest this year. The kids are going to vote to see who has the best costume. Last year, the adults were allowed to vote, and I think that swayed the results, because the winner was far from wearing the best costume. I think when Ryan gets home from school we will check out halloweenadventure.com to see if they have anything for us to be. I'm sure with their selection we will be able to find something.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

hey Jenn...looks like things are going better. Sorry it's been so long. I enjoyed catching up on your blog:)

Rebecca said...

Good luck finding costumes! I'd suggest browsing Halloween stores for ideas. :)

Carrie said...

Good luck with the costume search and I can't wait to hear and see pictures of the awesome party you have planned! You're the bestest mom!

Anonymous said...

I just finished Aidan's Patrick Starr costume tonight. I'll have to post pictures of it because I think it looks so cute on him!