Thursday, February 26, 2009

Breast Reduction

If you are a loyal reader, you know that last July I had a breast reduction. I had though about breast augmentation for years, but it was only after an inflammatory breast cancer scare that I finally decided, along with my surgical oncologist, that a reduction was the best thing for me. I was always big up top, but it got to the point where it was interfering with my life. Let's just say that the surgeon removed fifteen pounds of breast tissue. Yes, I was that big. I didn't like being around people, and I was embarrassed by the way I looked. Forget about buying clothes. It was impossible to find tops that fit right. They were either too tight, or they looked like a tent.

After my surgery, it was like I was a different person. I had never had a lot of self confidence before, but with my new, smaller breasts I was confident about the way I looked. I still have a lot of weight to lose before I am totally where I want to be, but I am headed in the right direction. I am no longer embarrassed by the way I look, and I have accepted the fact that I will never be perfect. Nobody is. But, if you are thinking about breast surgery, think seriously. I can not believe I waited until I was 36 to do something about my breasts. Sure, I had valid fears, but the outcome was worth overcoming them. It may be for you, too. Just keep in mind that doctors are not perfect, either.

If you live in the Charlotte area, and are looking for Charlotte Breast Augmentation, check out this site. Remember, they have pictures of before and after surgery, so don't look with kids around. If you have any questions that you want to ask me, feel free. I am happy to share my experience.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

:) i'm so proud of you and how great you did before during and after surgery and that you went through with it all even with being so nervous!! :)

I'd love to have a breast lift... and possible augmentation.. but don't have the money... my boobs are SHOT from breast feeding... but the benefits of BF are far greater than the crappiness of saggy mushy smaller boobs! lol
:)

and you are a beautiful person inside and out... forget about what shape you are!!

LOVE YOU!!

xoxoxo

Julia Phillips Smith said...

That sounds wonderful! I'm a buxom lass myself - only other double-letter gals will really know your joy.

The Certifiable Dieter said...

I had mine done 10 years ago this coming August 18th @ 7:00 am. I remember all the details and although I had some slight issues, it was the best thing I could have done for myself, isn't amazing how different it can make you feel? I still get excited that I can wear sports bra's...Silly huh?