Thursday, February 10, 2011

Aloe Plants Are The Enemy

I used to have the hardest time keeping plants alive inside my house.  No matter what I did, they would die.  Bob says I over water,but I don't think that's it.  Except for maybe when it comes to aloe plants.  I have tried several time to have aloe plants in the house, and I always end up shriveling them up.  Bob said he was going to ban me from buying any more plants if I couldn't figure out how to keep them alive.  As nice as Faux Flowers are, there is just something refreshing about having live plants, so I was determined to make my black thumb green.

I finally realized recently that if you read the little stake that comes in the plant, and follow those directions, your plants will thrive.  Today, I have several different plants, and they are all healthy and beautiful.  Except my dang aloe plant.  I seriously have no idea why I can not keep one of these plants alive.  It drives me crazy. I wonder if I searched online for Faux plants if I would find a fake aloe plant.  Then I could just put that one in place of my dying one, and Bob would never know the difference. Until he needed aloe for something, and then he would discover my secret.  I think maybe it would be best for me to fess up to killing yet another aloe plant.

Do any of you have any suggestions for keeping one of those plants alive?  I need all the help I can get.

4 comments:

Trish said...

We never touched ours as a kid...but it just lived. I'm not sure how to help them live...maybe my mom did. LOL

Jennie @ Modern Mamaz said...

Oh my gosh, that's too funny! My husband has me banned from real flowers, too! That little stake is the trick, huh? See... I'm kinda like a man in directions when it comes to plants. I see them, I read them, I just think I know better.

jenn said...

Trish ~ I kill them every time....I really do think I might over water those.

jenn said...

Jennie ~ I was that way for YEARS! Then one day, I bought a pretty purple african violet, and I really wanted it to live, so I followed the directions. It's still alive, and it's been a few years, so I'm pretty impressed with myself.