Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My First Baby Meme

I saw this on petula's, and then carrie asked me to do it, so here it is! It was fun!

1. Were you married at the time? when I got pregnant, no. when I delivered, yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I came out of the bathroom, looked at hubby, and said "I'm effing pregnant!"

3. How old were you? 23

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? some girls at work told me I was. I have always been irregular, and my only symptom was that I was tired all the time. A pregnancy test later that day confirmed it.

5. Who did you tell first? hubby, but my sister cheryl was in the room.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? yes!

7. Due date? oct 25

8. Did you deliver early or late? late, he was born nov 6

9. Did you have morning sickness? nope.

10. What did you crave? milk and fudge bars

11. Who irritated you the most? everyone!

12. What was your first child's sex? boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 80 something...in my defense, I had just lost 40 pounds, and gained it all right back in the first few months, then developed gestational diabetes. Plus, I ate EVERYTHING in sight!

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? just the diabetes
15. Where did you give birth? spartanburg, sc

16. How many hours were you in labor? first contraction to delivery...36 hours

17. Who drove you to the hospital? hubby

18.Who watched? hubby and my mom

19. Was it vaginal or c-section? c-section

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? not until about 28 hours in, then I got an epidural

21. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 13 oz (he wasn't my biggest...brandi was 9 lbs 13 oz)

22. What did you name him/her? ryan

23. How old is your first born today? he'll be 13 in a few weeks!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

36 hours Jenn. I couldn't even begin to image what you went through :0(

Waterrose said...

Thanks for stopping by...you have a great blog!

Jennifer said...

36! HOURS!!

wow.

that just isn't right!! and a c-section after all. wow.

36!?!?! huh?? wow.

and then you had more. you go girl. you truly are a super women!! :) *but I always knew that.

AND Boo... 9 lbs 13 oz. HOLY!! We have big babies on Bryan's side of the family, thank goodness not me, but others. ;) My niece was over 10 lbs.

I'm doing this one. It fits perfect with Trev's bday being yesterday. :)
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

36 hours!!! WOW that must have hurt!

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

You're so lucky you didn't have morning sickness, mine was so bad!

Tammy said...

What a interesting meme. My first was a boy and my last since I have 4 boys. I had a c-section the first time too! And that was my only one. They did get bigger each time. My first 8 lb 7 oz last 10 lb 2 oz. I just love babies! Not really happy about teenagers.