Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Finding Help For My Dry Skin

I am a very low maintenance girl. I do not wear makeup, and hardly ever put any kind of product in my hair. I really do believe in natural beauty, and to be honest, most cosmetics are so expensive these days. I do, however, like to take care of my skin.

My skin is always dry. In winter, the electric heat in my house makes my skin dry and flaky. I have tried all kinds of lotions, but I hate the way they feel. I always feel greasy after applying it, especially on my hands. My face gets so dry it ends up looking like I have some kind of disease. I have tried several different types of soap, but none hydrate my skin like it needs. I know drinking water is supposed to help, but I am bad about drinking diet soda instead.

In summer, my skin burns. It doesn't matter if I put on sunblock or not, I always get a sunburn. But, once I burn, for the rest of the season I tan. I know the burning is horrible for my skin, and can lead to cancer in the future. I have been getting better about staying out of the sun during the hottest part of the day. It's easier now that we no longer have the pool.

I need to find something to help my skin look better. I was talking to my sister, who used to work at a salon, and she recommended the best body scrub she knows about, which is available at http://SabonNYC.com/. I need to try something, because I am damaging my skin more and more every day. She thinks that using a scrub will help the damaged skin be replaced by beautiful, healthy skin. I am up for anything, so I will be giving this a try.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I use a moisturizer everyday on my face, after showering. I've used Oil of Olay for years & will continue to.

My dd has ezcema and we've recently bought Aveeno lotion (had been using Eucerian) and it seems to be working so much better for her!

jenn said...

I used aveeno oatmeal bath when I was pregnant with my youngest, an never thought to try the lotion. I might need to look into that, too. Thanks!