Saturday, August 2, 2008

My New Home

This is the living room, with me standing at the front door.This is still from the front door, but looking towards the kitchen.The living room again, but me standing in the hallway.My little hallway.The bathroom. Very tiny, but painted purple, so it matched my bathroom accesories perfectly!
The dining area, in the kitchen.
The kitchen! You can see the water heater. Hubby is going to make a cover for it. Another kitchen picture.
And another!
The laundry area by the back door, in the kitchen.
It is a whole lot smaller than what we were in, but we LOVE it here! I still have things at the house that need to be moved, but I'd say 80% is here. We're hoping to have it all out by tuesday, because hubby's sister should be back in town by then. We still haven't told them we've moved. I think hubby decided to leave the keys with the neighbor, who is friends with his sister, so he doesn't even have to see her face to face. It should be interesting!

I will take pictures of the bedrooms once we are all unpacked, because right now they are full of boxes. I'm letting ryan and kasi unpack their own stuff, and setting up their room however they want. Brandi has all her stuff in my room, which is fine because all I do is sleep in there, anyway. We're settling in, slowly but surely.

It was hard to not help with the moving, but I could definitely tell when I did too much. My boobs look really good. They are healing great! I finally slept on my bed night before last. I can not sleep on my sides. When I do, it feels tight, almost like someone is pulling my insides. I can, however, sleep on my tummy, which is the most comfortable for me anyway! I am FINALLY sleeping through the night...something I haven't done regularly since the surgery.

The kiddo's go back to school in a couple of weeks, on the 19th. I can't believe the summer is almost over! I feel bad that they had such a crappy one, with my surgery and moving. No vacation, hardly any fishing. This is the first year ever that hubby has had to work days, so we are stuck in the house. I really need to get my license. Maybe one of these days. We do have a creek that runs through the yard. They have been bugging me to go walk in it, and play a little, but it has been so hot! And when I sweat, my incisions itch, and that is not a good feeling at all!

I did bring zoe with us. She's my pregnant cat. I still need to find homes for the boys, or they will go to the shelter. I hate to do it, but I'm not supposed to have any animals here. If they say anything about zoe, I'm going to say she just showed up...must be a stray. Hopefully they won't see her, since they aren't due to come to the property any time soon.

Oh well, I guess that's about it for now. I need to get up from here and unpack, but I'm feeling really lazy today. I think I might just take a day off....

16 comments:

Missy said...

Love the new place!!!

Mom Knows Everything said...

It is so cute! I love it!!! Aurora goes back to school in September 2nd and I almost got all her school supplies bought. It's just clothes now and with a teenager man that is going to be expensive!

Donna said...

It IS You!!! LOL...How Wonderful!! I Love the New diggs!!! Your house is Wonderful sweetie!!! Happy for you!!!hughughughugs

Jennifer said...

I MISSED YOU!!!


LIKE CRAZY that is!!! :)

xoxoxoxox

Jennifer said...

I love the new house!! it is very cute!! I think you have about double or triple the cabinet space I have in my kitchen.

what i like most of all about it is that you can tell it is a family home... where you can come in, sit down, put your feet up and chat... hang out and enjoy some good company!! :)

I love it!! :) And, damn you guys unpacked really fast!! wow!! good job!!

I'm happy to hear that you are finally sleeping through the night!! that is very good. maybe it also less stress in your life is allowing you to do that, since you guys moved and it has taken a HUGE weight off your shoulders!!

I think taking a day off from packing is a GREAT idea!! :) you deserve it.

And you didn't give your kids a crappy summer... you spent every day with them, being a GREAT mother and doing things that needed to be done to make life good for all... I'm sure they have a different perspective of it and had a great time!! :) they are happier when you are happier... so i'm sure things are good for them. :)

plus, although they are going back to school, doesn't mean that summer is over with there is still time to have fun!! :)

love ya!!

xoxoxoxox


ps I blog rolled you as Mom, the!! lol :) and I left the other one up there the one I have under "jenn" after a while I will switch it all around but if you have nosey people trying to find you I thought it would be best to just let them think you cancelled your other blog or whatever.

xoxoxoxo mwah!! glad we are both back!! going to read some more!!

janna said...

it looks really nice!

& boy you really do have a huge collection of elephants

Forgetfulone said...

I love all the pix of your new place. The living room reminds me a lot of the house I lived in during the first year of my first marriage. My kitchen was a little different, too. Yours looks much bigger! I can't believe you have everything set up already. It's so pretty and looks cozy - just right for a family.

Glad you're sleeping through the night and continuing to heal. Hugs!

Christine said...

Wow. Looks so bright and comfy! I love it!

Forgetfulone said...

I have a new post on my journal if you have a minute to come by and give me your opinion.
http://forgetfulonesjournal.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-know-not-too-many-people-read-this.html

Indy said...

Congrats on the new house. Sounds perfect for you.

Milly said...

Nice Home and collection of Elephants, looking forward to seeing the rest of the house. I bet the kids like the creek running through the yard.

So much has gone on while I have been gone, I'll have to catch up on everything when I get back next week.

Looks like you have things under control and I'm glad you are doing so well with the surgery too.

Crystal said...

SO GLAD YOU"RE BACK!!!!!! I LOVE your new homes!!! (Blog and your house!!!) And wouldn't you know it that your bathroom is PURPLE!!!! LOLOL!!! It looks like, from all the pictures, that you've lived there a while and not just moved in! Everything is up on the walls and put up already?!?!?! I STILL don't have anything on ANY of my walls and i've lived there over 2 months now!!!! Can you come to my house??? LOL! I am SO glad you love your new place and that hubby DIDN'T tell his sister! LOL!! I can't WAIT for that post!!!!

Unknown said...

You know you are more moved in than we are and we moved in May....you have more unpacked and decorated more. Okay I need to pressure the hubby to get my shelves up.

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

The house looks great. Like Mama Bear says you look more moved in than I do and I moved even before her in March!

I love those shelves for your elephants and that purple bathroom is perfect for you.

Glad things are going so smoothly and I hope it just continues to get better and better.

HUGS
Vix

Carrie said...

Hey Jenn! I'm back online...well at least for now and I have so much to blog about but not a lot of time yet, last night was a nightmare at the campground so we are at my MIL's for our visit with them.

Your new place looks great! Love it and the shelf with all the elephants...I want one in my house! LOL

Missed you!
take care

Karen said...

Looks nice!!

I'm so jealous of your pretty kitchen cabinets! I love them!!