Friday, November 21, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

I was tagged by my wonderful friend diana for this, so here goes.

The following is a little TAG that allows your Bloggy neighbors to get to know a little information about the town or city you live in. State the name and then Post 10 facts or observations about the town you call home. Then tag 4 people.

I just moved a few months ago, as you all know, to a town called Spartanburg. I am originally from NY, so I had to dig online for some info about this town I call home.

1. It was the location of a major battle during the American Revolution.

2. The area was originally home to the Catawba and the Cherokee.

3. Spartanburg was founded as a courthouse town in the 1780's.

4. The city took its name from the "Spartan Rifles," a military unit that fought during the American Revolution.

5. In the late 1800's and the beginning of the 20th Century, Spartanburg was known as the "Hub City" as nearly 90 trains either stopped at the station or traveled through the city on a daily basis.

6. The Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium offers well known performers.

7. The city is home to the University of South Carolina Upstate, Converse College, Spartanburg Methodist College, Spartanburg Community College and Wofford College.

8. We have two museums...
  • The Spartanburg Museum of Art.
  • The Spartanburg Regional Museum of History.
9. During the summer, you can shop at The Hub City Farmers' Market.

10. On a personal note, I wouldn't want to be raising my kids anywhere else.

***above info found here

I tag:

carrie, tammy, jenn, and crystal.

No comments: