Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Great New Directory

There is a new website directory called Top20Sites.com. It is unique in that the sites that make the list are picked by me. And you. It's not a random person who decides who should be on the list. It is all done by voting. It's almost like a popularity contest of sorts. In order to check out the site and vote, you need to register with the site. Directory submission is really simple. I know this because I had to submit my blog in order to register. I am not sure if my blog is technically a website, but I am now able to vote and rate the other sites. The ranking of each website in each category is based on the number of votes each site gets, feedback, and usage patterns. I like this better than other directories, who base the order of their sites according to who signed up first, or who they like the best. This site also uses keywords to categorize the websites. Instead of being bombarded with lots of irrelevant sites that have nothing to do with what you are looking for, you can chose from categories that contain websites specific to what you are looking for. I mean, what could be easier. I checked out the HANDMADE category, and of course, etsy was almost at the top of the list. That just makes sense. If you are looking for a website, and want to find only the best, check out Top20Sites.com. I know I will be using it from now on.

No comments: