Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Supplements

If you have been reading my blogs for any length of time, you know that I am the queen of dieting. If there is a diet out there, I have most likely tried it. I have done weight watchers, low carb, low fat, no fat, high fiber, only salads and fruit. You get the picture? The problem is that none of these diets have had long term success. Sure, I have lost a ton of weight, but as soon as I stop the diet, I gain it all back. My problem is that I have yet to find the right diet for me, that I can adapt into a healthy lifestyle.

I remember when I did the low carb diet, I was working at the time. I worked fast food, so I was on my feet all day, constantly moving. There were many times when I got light headed, and felt like I was going to pass out. I know now that it was because I was depriving my body of essential vitamins and minerals that it needed. I should have been taking some kind of supplement, but I didn't know what. There are so many different supplements available, that sometimes it is hard to know which ones are the best for you. Luckily, Whole Foods Market is now doing podcasts that can help answer some health related questions. The topic of this months Whole Foods podcast is the ABC's of supplements. They hope to answer a lot of questions about the benefits and different forms of supplements, and how they should be regulated. I am looking forward to listening

No comments: