Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Love That Red Hair!

Do you remember cabbage patch kids? If you were alive in the eighties, then I'm sure you do. I was in sixth grade the year they were most popular, and all I wanted was a redheaded one with freckles and dimples. My poor mother searched for months, and finally found one. Her name is Judy Evey, and I got her for my twelfth birthday. I say is, because I still have her. She is sitting on my dresser. I got other ones, like a boy and a black one, and I even got a cabbage patch kitten. But the only one I saved was Judy, because of her red hair.

Logo5As I got older, I dreamed of having a red headed baby. I knew this was not likely to happen unless I married a red headed man, and that wasn't in the cards for me. I was, however, blessed with a red headed nephew, who is totally adorable. I wish I knew thirteen years ago that there were social networks specifically for redheads to interact. I would have been all over that, trying to find the perfect red head. Redhedd.com is a place where red heads, or red head lovers can interact with each other. Membership is free, so you have nothing to lose just checking it out. You might just find some interesting friends.
Post?slot_id=32459&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: