Monday, April 13, 2009

Living Better

I just got back from grocery shopping. As usual, I spent way too much money, but when I got home, didn't have a whole lot of groceries. How does that happen? Groceries have gotten so expensive in the past few months. I did notice that things like cheese and olives have actually dropped in price since I shopped last month. I can not wait until my veggie plants start producing so that I won't have to buy peppers and cucumbers at the store.

I am trying to choose healthier options for my family, but sometimes it can be confusing as to what is actually good for you. I know fresh produce is best, but sometimes the fresh stuff just doesn't look good. I need to learn how to make better choices, and buy the things that can help keep my family healthy.

Whole Foods Market is now doing a podcast series, and this month is about natural alternative approaches for seasonal allergy relief, and this is the perfect time of year for this. I watched my poor nephew suffer this past week, as well as both of my brothers-in-law. They had allergies that swelled up their eyes and made their sinus' hurt. I am lucky enough that no one in my family suffers from allergies. It will still be interesting to hear about the lifestyle changes that can help relieve allergy symptoms. I mean, living a healthier lifestyle is always a good thing, right?

4 comments:

Auntie E said...

Grocery $$, I'm with you on that! I do my shopping mainly on a Military Base. Even there I have notice Prices up. I will go to the store with a list,than change my mind because of the prices! My thought is if we do not pay it will come down. I believe that is what happened to the Milk and cheese Cost. Our price had drop 1 dollar per gallon. I agree on veggies are not looking so great now-a-days. Can't make my self buy them:-)

Lin said...

Groceries are out of control these days!! It is hard to eat healthy, isn't it? C'mon growing season--I can't wait for cheaper produce that actually looks and tastes good!

Tammy said...

Grocery's are way to expensive. Last week the kid's were off for spring break and the weather was cold. They seemed to do way to much eating. It cost me a bunch.

Jennifer said...

good for you for making healthier choices for you and your family. i have been trying to do the same and man oh man is it more expensive... but it's worth it!!
whole foods is a GREAT store, unfortunatly we don't have one near me... but that's okay... I try to do my best with what i have... and soon i'm going to start hitting up the farmers markets in our area.

i'm proud of you!! keep up the good work!!
xoxoxo
love ya