Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Flu, Or Swine Flu?

What is swine flu? I know for a fact that you can not get it from eating pork. It is spread just like the regular flu, and has many of the same symptoms. Swine flu symptoms include chills, fever, sore throat, headache, fatigue, cough, body aches, vomiting, and diarrhea. It is better to be cautious, so see your doctor if you have these symptoms. You want to get treatment before it develops into severe respiratory problems. I believe their have been many cases of swine flu in the United States, but few deaths. This means that it is not necessarily fatal, which is great news. Just make sure you are washing your hands often, using hand sanitizer when necessary. It's better to be safe than sorry.

5 comments:

BK said...

Yes, more importantly is watching personal hygiene and also to eat and live healthy. We should be alright.

melissa said...

my son is home from school with influenza. the doctor...rolled her eyes at the mere mention of swine flu. she said the cdc isn't even concerned about it anymore. for 2 weeks the doctors had to report each and every case of the flu. now...nothing.
just wash hands!!

Tammy said...

We had a lady in our area with it. She is all better now and was on the news. She said she was sick but no more then a light case of the flu. I'm glad it missed us. I hope it just goes away.

Tina said...

i still dont know exactly what is properly lol. i tend to switch off from the news and let everyone else tell me about it!

AudreyO said...

I can't believe how often I wash my hands LOL.