Wednesday, July 28, 2010

He Finally Asked The Big Question

Guest post written by my buddy Rebekah Heath

I can't believe it. He finally asked me. I had been waiting years for this to happen. I recently found out that he had the ring under his car seat for 8 months, which is incredibly stupid if you ask me, especially since we had the car valet parked a few times, but I forgive him. How could I not? I'm getting married.

Everyone tells me that I should enjoy the planning stage even though it's stressful. If things work out, it will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I'm sure hoping that's the case. Even though he can be a little dumb at times, I love him very much. I have even let me him help me plan the wedding. We go on to our hughes internet every night and look everything over. He pretends as though he's interested, but I can tell it's pretend. At least I'm marrying a bad liar. The truth is, whether he's pretending or not, I want him to be a part of all this.

The interesting thing is that my mother is much more interested in the planning than my fiance yet I don't want her to help. Ironic, isn't it? I guess it's because I'm afraid she will impose her will in regards to what she wants. I want the wedding to be about what I want. I am the bride; therefore, I think that's okay. I hope it will all work out. Thanks to my satellite internet service Kentucky connection, the planning has been pretty easy.

No comments: