Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Planning A Trip To NYC

Posted by Jerold Austin

Hey, look, I understand what everyone says about New York City. Everyone I ever meet from New York tells me that ever since Giuliani was mayor, the city has been cleaned up in a big way. They tell me I don't have to worry about crime or anything like that. Well, that's great and all, but considering I'm not a New Yorker and I don't know the ins and outs, like what neighborhoods and streets to stay away from, I'd rather do the research than roll the dice. This is especially the case since I'm bringing my wife and daughter with me.

I began my research last night. Right after dinner, I logged on to my hughesnet satellite internet and typed in New York City Vacations. At first, I was led to tours and hotel offers. I refined my search a few times and found out what I needed to know. I learned about the differences between 7th and 8th avenue, when to visit Central Park, why Midtown is for the action seeker and downtown is for the art lover, why shopping is best on Madison Avenue, and why I should consider 2nd avenue for dining. It's almost to the point where I feel like I'm a native New Yorker thanks to hughes net. Maybe by the time we get back, I'll even be telling people to forget about it. That would be fine, as long as we all have a good and safe time.

4 comments:

ceniamarivel said...

OMG, I'm a New Yorker and didn't know all that! ...a shame, huh!

jenn said...

ceniamarivel ~ I lived in NY for 22 years, and also did not know all that! lol!

~Jenn~ said...

i still live in ny and didn't know all that. pretty cool. thanks for sharing. i love going into the city and now can plan more stuff.

jenn said...

Jenn ~ we used to do the city thing every Christmas, and whenever the circus was at the Garden. I miss it sometimes...