Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Different Kind Of Mouse Trap


Right after Ryan's birthday party in October, I heard a mouse in my kitchen.  Junior quickly put out some glue traps, and we caught two mice within a couple of days of each other.  We left a couple of more traps out, but after a few weeks, I threw them away, thinking we had already caught all the mice in the house.

I was wrong.  A couple of weeks ago, after getting the kids safely on the bus, I was sitting here at the computer when I heard another mouse in the drawer under my stove.  The weird thing through all of this is that I never found any mouse droppings.  That night, Junior put out another glue trap, and the next morning the mouse was on there.  The thing I hate about these traps is that even though they work well catching the mice, they don't kill them.  These poor mice suffer as they die slowly in the trash.  I know, why feel bad for a disease carrying mouse?  But, they are living creatures, too, and they shouldn't have to suffer.

When I saw these Nooski Mouse Traps, I knew I wanted to give them a try.  They are unlike anything I have ever seen, and they kill instantly, which is what I am after.  Is is also pretty impossible for other animals you may have in the house, like cats or dogs, to set off the trap accidentally.

Here is how the trap works:
  • The trap is set by rolling on a latex rubber ring
  • The mouse is attracted by the bait
  • The mouse works its way into the trap
  • The latex ring is triggered
  • The mouse dies swiftly inside or next to the trap
  • Set the trap again with another ring
Sounds simple, right?  We set the trap up a couple of weeks ago, and have yet to catch a mouse.  I don't think it's the trap...I think it's because there are no mice in the house right now.  Is it weird that I am looking forward to the day I find a poor little mouse with a green ring around it's neck lying next to the trap?

The trap itself was easy to set up.  We always use peanut butter as bait, so we stuck some inside, as per the instructions.  I really like that this trap is reusable, because although those glue traps weren't exactly expensive, the cost does add up when you have to keep buying them.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You need a cat !! haha

jenn said...

dawn ~ this is the first time in my entire life that I have not had a cat. they are not allowed in this rental. I miss having cats!