Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Use For Old Christmas Cards

Guest post written by Zach Hendricks

I know that people don't really put all that much time into signing and addressing a Christmas card. But I love getting them and don't really have the heart to throw them away or even recycle them after I get them. I always want to do something special with them and display them somehow, but I never can come up with anything that doesn't take a huge amount of time.

I thought that during my annual Christmas decorating, that I'd finally put those old, especially nice card to use and used my Clear-Internet to look up something to do with them.

I found a couple of different ideas, most of them it seemed like would take a lot longer that I was willing to put in. The idea that I settled on though was DIY card garland, which really just consists of hanging old cards on ribbon and then hanging it up along my mantle in my living room. I'm pretty excited about how it looks, especially because it barely took any time to do it.

4 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

I don't throw them away, either. At least not right away. I use them to decorate my classroom.

Tara Beaulieu said...

When we were kids, my mom would pull out boxes of old cards she'd saved and give them to us kids. we would cut out the images from them and hole punch them to be used as gift tags.

Free gift tags+kids out of mom's hair so she can cook dinner= priceless! :)

jenn said...

Diana ~ that's a great idea!

jenn said...

Tara ~ that is an awesome idea!