Monday, January 24, 2011

Promoting My Blog

I have been thinking a lot lately about how to promote my blog.  I do the entrecard thing everyday, which is great for getting traffic here, but I want to attract more advertisers.  I know many bloggers have business cards that they hand out.  I have even heard stories of some bloggers leaving their cards in common places like libraries and coffee shops, hoping that people will pick them up and become loyal readers.  I have thought about doing the business card thing, but have never followed through with it.

I did have an idea around Christmas time when I was looking for stocking stuffers for the kids.  I stumbled upon a site that does promotional pens, and I got to thinking how cool it would be to have my blog name (and url) put on some.   I think more people would be more likely to pick up a pen than a business card. 

What do you think about these?
They all write in black ink, but I like the bright colors of the pens themselves.  I think if I was to see a pen like this just laying around somewhere, I would pick it up.

I also found some cute promotional pencils.  I prefer the mechanical ones like these:
I would let the kids use these at school.  If they happened to leave one in their classroom and their teachers found it, that would be awesome.  I wouldn't want any of their friends reading this, so maybe that's not such a good idea.  Maybe I'll become one of those bloggers who leaves them in random places around town.

You can find all kinds of cool personalized things at GOPromos.com.  I found these cute little reusable shopping/tote bags, and I think they are a great way to advertise.  Check them out:
I would love to get one of these in purple, but I'm not sure they offer that.  Either way, I think carrying a bag like this would be good way to advertise my blog.  What do you think?

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Your town is so much bigger than mine and your blog is so much bigger. Do you have a 'free' paper. We have a free advertising paper. You could do that. I know that advertising cost, but what about an ad in the paper. It would reach a lot of people.

Pens are a good idea. Business cards would hardly cost you a thing. You can print those out. I have a juice plus bag that I carry when I go to the gym. Just thoughts !! :)

jenn said...

Dawn ~ my blog isn't that big ~ yet! I'm working on it though. Remember the other night I said I was going to contact CSN stores and see if I could do a review on my food blog? I heard back from them today and they agreed, letting me spend $45. I am pretty excited about that...I have never flat out asked a company to do a review....that's something I might have to try more often.

Tammy said...

You have some great idea's. Your blog is wonderful and I'm sure anyone just has to read it once and be hooked.

jenn said...

Aw..thanks Tammy!

Dawn said...

That is great about the review. I saw it !! :) Congrats !! :) You know, here I go again, you won't need to advertise, BOA will be your best advertising tool you will ever need !! :)

hahai.ponce said...

definitely a great idea! I made one for our family's giveaway last Christmas :D.