Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Two Cakes

Yes, my birthday cake does ask the question, "does size matter?".  For those of you who do not have a Carvel near you, trust me when I say that these are the best ice cream cakes in the world!  Bob knows that I love them, so he was on a mission to make sure I had one for my birthday.  The only problem is that they are pretty expensive, so he bought me one that serves two people, which led to the "does size matter".  Trust me, it doesn't, especially when you refuse to share your cake.  
For the second year in a row, my mom made me my other favorite cake, a crumb cake.  I had to share this one, though I did take a bunch home with me.  Mom also made the most delicious dinner...I will post pics of that on my food blog.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. 

14 comments:

Trish said...

Somehow I feel I must comment, but I really cant think of what to say. Other then "now want one too"

jenn said...

Trish ~ I still have half the cake in my freezer...you know where I am, though I'm not sure how big a piece you'd get...I'm being pretty selfish with it.

Trish said...

I work the next 4 straight otherwise I might take you up on it! I'm pretty sure it'll be gone before I could get there Friday!

jenn said...

Trish ~ yeah, I'm pretty sure it will all be gone by then :)

Nona said...

Glad you got a cake you enjoyed to have all to yourself! I love ice cream cakes, but almost never have them.

Donna said...

I keep checking my mail for Both those cakes!Hahaa
What a sweet family!!!
hughugs

Tammy said...

I love ice cream cake and crumb cake they both look sooooo good! Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.

Jennie @ Modern Mamaz said...

I smelled that ice cream cake all the way over here. Must have slice.

jenn said...

Nona ~ we don't have carvel down here, but the grocery stores have started carrying the cakes...they are the best!

jenn said...

Donna ~ you know if I could figure out a way to mail you ice cream cake I would send you some :)

jenn said...

Tammy ~ I had an awesome birthday!

jenn said...

Jennie ~ come and get it! :)

Tara Beaulieu said...

OMG Carvel is the best! I love the cookie crumb layer in the middle and how the frosting on top is sort of this weird mix between whipped cream and ice cream. Sooooo good. Happy Birthday again!

jenn said...

Tara ~ it is that chocolate cookie layer that makes the cake!