Friday, September 9, 2011

Horses

Brandi has this horse.  I am not exactly sure where she got it, but it's big enough that my little niece can sit on it and pretend she is riding a real horse.  It's adorable. Brandi has had it for a while, but only recently decided that she loves to brush it's mane.  She braids it and puts ponytail holders in it.  I am waiting for her to ask for a real horse.  That will never happen, of course,so I hope she doesn't even ask.

I know a few people who have horses.  I do live in the south, you know.  Years ago, a friend of mine had a friend who owned a pregnant horse.  I was so excited to see the baby when she finally delivered it.  It was the cutest thing ever!  I can only imagine how much money this girl spent at the horse tack shop on supplies. 

The only time I've ever been on a horse was at this state park we used to go to when I was little.  They had a stable there and they offered rides on their horses, for a price.  We didn't get to do it often, but I remember a few times, on special occasions, we were able to. The stable worker would put us in the saddle and walk the horse in a little circle.  We didn't go far, but it was the greatest thing!  We were always so excited.  I remember the horses always looked so BIG. 

Brandi will have to settle for playing with her toy horse, and if she wants a real pet, we'll get a kitten. I'm not going to let her know that I plan on getting one anyway as soon as I can afford the $250 pet deposit required by the apartment manager.

No comments: