Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jewelry

I love jewelry.  I have this bracelet that I wear every single day.  Brandi gave it to me a couple of years ago for Christmas.  It's a silver bangle, and on it, the word "mom" is written in several different languages.  On the inside, it says "a mother's love is the greatest gift of all".  It's beautiful.

I also wear earrings every day.  These are my newest obsession.  I buy several from handmade online stores, because I love the beauty of something made with love by someone who loves what they do.  Did that just make sense?  I would love to try and make my own someday, if I could ever find the time.  Sites like beadcrafty.com  have the most beautiful beads.  My problem is deciding which beads would look good together.  I could probably assemble something halfway decent from a kit, but I just don't have an artist's eye, so picking different beads that compliment each other is over my head. 

My mom makes beautiful jewelry.  She most definitely has an eye for it.  I don't think she has had the time to make anything new in a while, unless she is hiding it all to give as Christmas gifts.

Yes, mom, that was a not so subtle hint that I want jewelry for Christmas.  Slick, right?

No comments: