Monday, November 7, 2011

I Worry Sometimes

 Now that I am a single mom, I think about a lot of things that I never had to think about before.  Like what would happen to my kids if I die.  I know they would go to my ex, because he is their father, but I want to be able to leave them something.  Right now, I don't have any type of life insurance.  I know, I know.  I really need to check out a term life insurance calculator and see what my options are.  I know I can't afford to pay too much each month, but I am sure there are policies I can afford.

I also think about what would happen if I get hurt or sick.  Who would take care of me and pay my bills?  I used to be able to depend on my ex for that, but now I only have myself.  I'm sure my mom and dad would do what they could to help me, but I want to be able to do things on my own.  I've kind of become obsessed with that since my husband left.  I don't think anyone thought I would be able to live on my own with my kids without constant help, but I am.  Sure, I have needed a little help now and then, but I am basically doing it on my own, and that, my friends, is an awesome feeling.

No comments: