Saturday, December 3, 2011

Writing A Book

 I love reading other people's blog.  I don't have the time these days to comment on all the posts I read, but I do spend a lot of time reading.  A blog friend of mine recently went through the process of self publishing a book, and I wish I had the money to buy a copy.  The story sounds amazing, and as soon as Christmas is over and I have a little money to spend on myself I am getting a copy. 

I have always thought it would be fun to write a book.  I have several ideas running around in my head, but honestly, I don't think I have it in me to put the words on paper.  I read a lot.  In fact, I am always in the middle of something, whether it be a book or a magazine.  I always keep a book and magazine in my van for those times when I am waiting to be loaded and unloaded.  I know how descriptive writing needs to be, and to be honest, I just don't think I can do it.  I am a simple girl.  If the grass is green, it's green.  I can not make that simple statement into a paragraph in a book.  I would love it if someone would take my idea and write a book off of that, but I want no part of the actual writing process.

If you are interested in my friends book, called Jordan's Return, check out her blog.  It's All Stace, All The Time, and the link is over there in my sidebar.  On her blog she has links to her book's website, and to the many places where you can purchase the book online. 

3 comments:

Catch My Words said...

The best you can do for her is to post a positive review of her book on Amazon and other sites if you like it.

Joyce

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

StaceyC4 said...

Aaawwww...Jenn!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I had no idea you were going to do this!!! I'm crying!! You rock. Can I send you a copy of it??

jenn said...

That's sweet of you to offer, but I want to buy it. I want to support your writing! Seriously, as soon as I have the money I am going to buy it for myself.