Saturday, December 3, 2011

Junk

 I may have mentioned this a time or two, but I love apartment living.  Last night, Brandi wanted to spend the night with her friend Brianna.  She has never spend the night with a friend before, but Brianna lives directly under us, so I knew I wouldn't have to get in my car and drive in the middle of the night to get her if she wanted to come home.  All she had to do was walk upstairs.  I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning and realized that she was still gone.  I am very proud of her.

Another thing I love about the apartment is that we are all required to keep our stuff inside.  I have lived the past 16 years with a man who felt the need to keep everything.  My yards always looked like junk yards, and I hated it.  No matter how many times I told him he didn't need old pallets or tires, he insisted that he may find a use for them someday.  It used to drive me crazy!  I kept the inside of our homes beautiful, and I wanted the outside to look nice as well, but it never happened.  There were several times I thought about calling Sugar Land Junk removal to come and haul off everything while he was at work.  But, I never did. I just put up with it, because I was a good wife.

Now, I come home from work to a beautifully landscaped apartment complex.  I no longer have to look at used appliances and tools thrown all over my yard.  In fact, I don't even have a yard, and I am just fine with that. 

No comments: