Friday, December 2, 2011

Time

My job requires me to always know what time it is.  I am on a schedule most days, and making sure I get my deliveries where they need to be on time is very important.  The clock in my van is two minutes slow, which is kind of annoying, especially when those two minutes make a difference like they did today.  I thought I arrived somewhere before noon, when it was actually one minute after, and they refused to unload me until they got back from break at 1.  I went and ate Taco Bell, but it was a waste of an hour.  I hate when that happens.

I have a feeling you will suggest I just fix the time on the van clock, but I don't know how.  Trust me, I have tried several times to figure it out.  I think my best bet would be to invest in a watch for myself.  There are so many pretty ladies watches out there, I know I will have a hard time deciding what kind to get.  I used to have a gold one that had diamonds and amethysts around the face.  I loved that watch!  I still have it in my jewelry box, but the band is broken and it costs too much to have it fixed.  Plus, I need something a little more sturdy to wear to work.  I bang my hands and arms all the time on the van doors.  I know if I wear a delicate watch to work it will break within a week.

I'm thinking of getting one with a black leather band and a simple face.  Or maybe something purple.  I'm not sure, but I'll let you know when I decide!

No comments: