Friday, April 20, 2012

I'm Already Thinking About Christmas

 Last Christmas was hard on me.  I barely had enough money to have gift for my own kids under the tree, and I didn't have any money to buy for my family and friends.  I do not want that same thing to happen this year, so I am going to start my shopping early. 

I want to try and do a lot of my shopping online, and have it shipped directly to my house.  That way, everything will be in sealed boxes and my kids can't snoop.  I found some cute stuff on Geek Gadgets 2012, and I also found some weird stuff.  For instance, they have an ice tray that makes ice cubes that look like pot leaves.  Who would want something like that?

My mom is always easy to shop for, but my dad is difficult.  I know he likes to read, so I was thinking of using a few AbeBooks coupons and getting him a book or two.  The only problem is that I have no idea what to get.  I love reading fiction, but I think he is more into biographies and Christian books.  Anyone have any recommendations?

If worse comes to worse, I can find some Amazon promotional codes and buy a bunch of generic gifts that will work for anyone. There have been times in the past when someone has given me a gift and I had nothing to give in return, so I would make a plate of cookies for them.  I want to avoid that from now on, so having a secret stash of gifts would be wonderful.

No comments: