Sunday, December 9, 2012

40 And Pregnant....This Is Going To Be Interesting!

About a month ago, I peed on a stick.  I was a couple of weeks late, but convinced that it was just stress.  Oh, how wrong I was! When I saw that first little line, my heart skipped a beat.  I grabbed the test, ran downstairs to my neighbor's house, and begged my friend to tell me I was not seeing two lines.  I spent a couple of weeks in denial, then after a trip to the emergency room for some bleeding, I couldn't deny it anymore.  I saw my sweet little baby on the ultrasound screen. The heartbeat was weak, and I was told to prepare myself for a miscarriage.  A week and a half later, a trip to my ob showed my little munchkin's heart was beating perfectly, which means barring any future complications, I should deliver sometime in the middle of July. Check out the first picture of my little munchkin:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As you love your other kids so dearly, I'm sure you're happy about that! Congrats, Jenn! Came as a bit of a surprise, I would be lying if I said otherwise. I'm really happy for you! Have a great week!

Forgetfulone said...

I'm happy for you and glad things are going okay with your pregnancy. The kids should be a big help!

BarbaraRae said...

Merry Christmas, and Congratulations to you and your family. I hope you enjoy good health, and all goes well for you NOW and in the New Year!