Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Computers, And The Things That Go Wrong

I have been having the worst computer problems today. I was trying to do a post this morning, and I needed a picture to go with it. Every time I tried to save the picture to my computer, my computer would freeze. I couldn't do anything but shut it down, restart it, and try again. This happened over and over and over again for about two hours. Talk about frustrating! I don't know what I did different, but all of a sudden it worked, and I was able to save the picture, and finish my post. Then I tried to drop my ecards, and if I opened more than one tab, it would freeze up. If any of you are serious droppers, you know that you need to have at least three tabs open to drop quickly and efficiently. What should have taken me a couple of hours took me most of the afternoon.

The only good thing is that this is an old computer I have been using. If you remember, my computer took a trip to my brothers house, because it was infected with all kinds of bugs and stuff. I say stuff because even my brother, who is a computer guy, didn't know what happened to it. I was missing programs that shouldn't have been missing, and he had no idea where they went. I, who know nothing about computers, or the things they need, like printers that use Hewlett Packard Laserjet 4000 toner, have no idea what happened. I will admit that I am not very good a remembering to run my anti-spyware programs, or scanning my computer for virus', but I am sure that has nothing to do with it. Or at least that is what I am telling myself. This time, when I get my good computer back, I am going to get specific instructions about what I need to run, and when. That way, maybe I can avoid the same problems.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I hate computer problems! It right up there with car problems. I can't seem to fix either of them.