Thursday, February 5, 2009

Let's Play A Game

I read somewhere that stay at home moms are the people who play the most computer games. I can believe that, because I find myself losing hours if I start playing certain games. I have noticed recently that my kids are following in my footsteps. Especially Kasi. She loves to play online, and I was so happy when I found MEGA Brands Kids Zone. This is a site specifically for kids to play on. I helped her sign up, which was pretty simple. We just had to give her a username and password, and then enter my email, as well as hers. For security reasons, I never let her use her real name, so we made up a nickname, and she was ready to play. She had to pick out a ball, which is your "person". She, of course, picked the girly looking pink one. Once we had that done, I let her navigate the site and play some of the games. After she had spent some time looking around, I came over to see what she was doing. I laughed when I saw her pink ball now had a carrot nose and top hat! She had made it a snowman. She said she tried a couple of the games, and really liked Spheron. In this game, you see how fast you can get your car to go. She said it's kinda like racing, but against yourself. You just try to beat your own fastest score. You are awarded points, which you can then go spend in the shop, where you can buy gear for your ball.

All in all, she said she liked the site and will go back to play again. I'm sure Ryan and Brandi will both want to join now, too, which is fine by me. If you have a tween, check out this site together. They will probably like it as much as Kasi does.
Post?slot_id=31812&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: