Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Here Comes Santa Claus

It is time once again to tell you about the amazing getaways available at Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing. With Christmas just two, gasp, months away, the Holiday season is fast approaching. This is my favorite time of year, when people are a little nicer to one another, and you can feel the excitement in the air, especially if you have kids. I hate that as we grow older, the magic of Christmas disappears a little. I try very hard to keep that magic alive for my kids, because I want them to have wonderful memories of baking cookies and making presents to give to their grandparents. My fondest Christmas memories are the ones of my sisters and mom and I baking cookies all day long. There were sugar cookies, and chocolate chip cookies, and rolled cookies, and my all time favorites, almond spritz cookies.

Yum. That's all I can say. Yum.

I try to recreate these memories for my kids, as well as making new ones. We always have one night, right after Thanksgiving, where we drive around randomly, looking for houses with the best Christmas lights. I also make an ornament for each kid, with their name and the year, every year. I hope one day to let them take them for their own tress.

I seem to have gotten off track, which happens a lot when I get to talking about Christmas. I think I was starting to tell you about the Holiday packages available at the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel. They have several different packages available, but the one I want to tell you about involves Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Every Friday through Sunday, between November 15 and December 23, they are offering the Santa’s Coming to Town Package. Kids can enjoy story time in the lobby with Mrs. Claus, and then have Santa deliver milk, cookies, and presents to their rooms. My kids would love this, and this package starts at $189 a night.

Maybe we could make this one of our Christmas memories.
Post?slot_id=73792&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: