Thursday, October 22, 2009

Semi-Homemade With Jennifer Lynn

I'm no Sandra Lee, but I stumbled upon a yummy fake out bbq sauce, and it is sooo good.

I make a killer bbq chicken. It's so easy, yet so good. I just dice up chicken breasts, fry them, unbreaded, in a little olive oil, and when they are cooked through I add bbq sauce.

Normally, I just dump some store bought bbq sauce, honey, and brown sugar into the pan and mix it until it covers the chicken. That's it.

Well, the other night, Junior didn't want the bbq sauce on his chicken, so I made it separately. I put the store bought sauce, honey, and brown sugar in a little pot, and boiled it all together, stirring it with a whisk occasionally.

Holy cow....it got so thick and yummy! I wish I had measured how much of each I put in, because I will be doing this from now on whenever we use bbq sauce.

No comments: