Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today, I Like Being A Girl

Some days I really like being a girl. Other days, I wish I didn't have to deal with all things womanly. Today, I am happy to be a girl.

Why am I so happy, you ask? It's because I got to wear pretty earrings today. Most days, I don't leave the house, so there is no reason to put jewelry on. Heck, truth be told, most days I can be found in pajama pants and a tshirt waiting at the bus stop in the afternoon. Kind of sad, I know, but such is my life.

Brandi had a picnic at school for lunch today, so Junior and I went and joined her. Once I was showered and dressed, it was time to pick out the perfect jewelry. A few months ago I went a little nuts online and bought myself a whole bunch of handmade earrings. Since I hardly even have an excuse to wear them, it is tough to decide which ones I should wear when the opportunity arises. Today I chose silver dangley ones that have hearts at the bottom. They are really cute.

I wish I had these Jade Earrings because they would have matched what I wore today perfectly. Of course, most days I wear black, so it's easy to find earrings that match. I do, however, have green eyes, and I think these earrings would bring out that color.

It also helped this morning that I got on the scale, and I've lost another 2 pounds. I was shocked, but happy. When I try to lose weight, nothing happens. Add a little stress to my life, and I'm dropping pounds left and right.

It's not a bad thing. I'm just hoping that by the time we move in February, I am down to where I want to be, and that once my stress is gone, I don't put the weight back on. I like feeling pretty, and weight loss and jewelry sure do help me feel that way.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm sure your earrings looked great. Doesn't feel good to look pretty now and then.

StaceyC4 said...

I'm with you...weight loss and something pretty to wear always make me feel good!

A Lil Enchanted said...

I know exactly what you mean. When I do finally put on earrings my ears hurt because I wear them so seldom these days.

Do you catch a lot of flack for wearing black so much? I do... mostly from my Mom and Grandma. I wear black 99% of the time... I just don't feel comfortable in anything else.

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Unknown said...

i am with you in the pajamas all day. when i get out of mine, i put some slicker pants on and a sweatshirt, lol. i don't wear earrings that much anymore either. i suppose when i start working again i will try look more presentable. have a great night!

Jennifer said...

Can I just say that I agree with your last sentence 100%?!?!?