Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Why? Really, why?

Brandi brought home 2 field trip permission slips. $15 for one, and $10 for the other. She needs the money in a week. One trip is right before Thanksgiving, and the other is the beginning of December.

Kasi brings home a note from chorus that we have to shell out $25 for her dress rental, by the end of November. We just paid $25 for her to attend a workshop and buy a polo shirt with the chorus name on it.

Oh, did I mention that for Brandi's field trips, she needs to wear her school spirit shirt, which I have yet to buy? That's another $15.

My question is, why now? I know the kids get excited about field trips, especially ones that are Christmas themed. But it is getting close to Christmas...I am already stressing about money...and now I have to come up with an extra $65 in a few weeks? That may not sound like a lot of money o some people, but when you live paycheck to paycheck, and there is no extra money at all, it's tough. Thankfully I have some decent money coming in from my paid posts in the next month, or we would be in serious trouble.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

That is a lot of money. I always hated those lil unexpected school expenses.

StaceyC4 said...

It sounds like a lot to me, too! I mean, it's like the school's don't realize that most of us are strapped due to the economy. I hope you find a way to do it. I would tell the field trip people that you need a scholarship of some sort. Most times they will try and work with you.