Monday, November 2, 2009

It's November

How did that happen? Oh, yeah, I blinked.

I can't even begin to tell you how emotional I am going to be on Friday when Ryan turns 14.

Fourteen!

There are so many reasons I am loving him at this age, and then there are just as many reasons that make me want to throttle him. For instance, I love that he loves talking to me. He comes home from school and I have to hear about every single thing that happened to him. My girls don't even do this, and I thought girls were the talkers! Ryan also likes to make everything perverted, and it doesn't matter what it is. Don't even get me started about what happens whenever someone says "butt" or "breast".

He is also getting hard to buy for. I have been hounding him for a while about what he wants for Christmas, and he keeps saying a car. Like Santa can afford a car! Then he says if he can't have a car, he wants a moped or something. He seems to think he is old enough to need his own transportation. I am not fully against him wanting to be independent. I just don't think he is old enough at 14. I don't think he would be responsible enough to remember to wear Street Bike Helmets when he rides. In fact, he doesn't even wear his regular helmet anymore when he rides his regular bike.

I am going to have to educate myself on all the different helmets that are out there. I can't even begin to tell you the difference between AGV helmets and arai helmets. I do have a few friends who ride dirt bikes, so maybe they can help me decide.

2 comments:

Tina said...

lol he sounds like my brother with his boy toy wants!

its nice how he loves to talk to his mom though instead of anyone else. we would miss them when they are gone wont we lol x

Tina from
Mummy Diaries
Game FreakZ
Gossip Avenue
Travel Shack

StaceyC4 said...

I hate to say it but it doesn't get any easier as they get older. Mine is going to be 18 and shopping for him - and what he thinks is appropriate - is a battle.