Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Staying In Monterey Bay Hotels

The last time I stayed in a hotel when when my brother got married about ten years ago.  We traveled from SC to Ohio, and spent three nights in a hotel.  It was the first, and only, time that we traveled with the kids where a hotel stay was necessary.  They did fine, but I realized then that there were certain amenities that we just can't live without if we ever have to stay in a hotel again.

I have been researching Monterey Bay Hotels, trying to find one that meets all my requirements.  The first is that there must be a fridge in the room.  I drink a lot, and the kids do too, so having cold drinks in the room is a necessity.  I know there are ice machines to cool warm soda, but I prefer cold, cold soda, so a mini-fridge is a must.  The second thing is free breakfast.  It doesn't matter to me if it is hot or cold, as long as the kids have something to munch on while getting ready in the mornings.   The third thing, especially in Summer, is a pool.  We all love to swim, and it wouldn't be a true vacation if we weren't getting wet.  I would really love one that has a slide, but that isn't necessarily a requirement.

I am sure I could think of other things I would like, but those three are deal breakers.

No comments: