Saturday, June 19, 2010

What's Your Opinion?

I want new glasses.  The ones I am wearing now are a few years old, and a little outdated.  They are gold, rectangular looking things that really don't fit we the right way.  I always feel like I have to really focus my eyes to see through them.  I really want to order a couple of pairs from Zenni Optical.  They have glasses (full pairs) starting at $8, so I could order a couple of pairs. 
I remember when I first started wearing eyeglasses.  They didn't have online stores to order from, and there was never a store offering such good quality glasses as such a reasonable price.  I have been reading, though, that those of us who want to order these glasses online are having a hard time finding an Optician who will measure them for their PD, which is the distance between the pupils of the eyes, center to center, in Millimeters.  Many of them are wanting to charge a fee for this service, and to be honest, I can not blame them.  Do I think it should be some outrageous price?  Absolutely not.  But I do think they need to be compensated for their time. I mean, by buying glasses online, you can save a lot of money, sometimes even hundreds of dollars.  Shelling out a little more to find out your PD shouldn't be that big of a deal.

At least that is my opinion.

No comments: