Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Work Before Play, At Least For Today

No pool for us today.  I couldn't have timed a day away from the pool better, because it is raining outside, which means we couldn't have swam anyway.   I told my mom yesterday that I wanted to stay home today and get some stuff done around the house that I have been neglecting.  Plus, my sun burn is really bad, and I think a day out of the sun will help it get a little better.

Junior also made plans today, so he couldn't have taken us over there anyway.  When he got off of work, he came and picked up Ryan and they went to work on a Toyota Corolla.  The car belongs to a friends of Junior's ex-father-in-law, so he won't make much money putting in a new water pump.  But that's okay.  This is an older man who doesn't have much money,  and taking his car to a Chicago auto repair shop is out of the question, so Junior does the work cheap.  I believe in karma, so doing this for him will come back around to us someday.

Tomorrow, though, we are heading back to mom's to swim, and help her get the steps into the pool.  My foot and lower shin are bruised from where I fell trying to get out of the pool the other day, so I am looking forward to the steps being in.  It will be easier on the kids, too.  They are continuously getting out of the pool to jump back in down in the deep end. Brandi is a maniac, and yesterday always hit her head on the side of the pool as she jumped and spun on her way into the water.  Ryan has been working on diving, and he's getting the hang of it.

My dives are looking pretty good, too.

No comments: