Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sweet Little Girl

We went to the library again today, so that the kids could sign up for a pretty cool teen thing, that I will explain in another post.  While Ryan and Kasi did their thing, I went down to the kids section with Missy and Hayden.  We just sat around talking while Brandi hung out with a friend from her old school, and Hayden read some books.  At one point, the cutest little girl with blond hair and blue eyes came over to me with a book that was about as big as she was.  She was probably three years old, and by herself.  She started talking to me, and asked if I would read the book to her.  Missy and I both looked around, trying to see who she was there with, but we didn't see anyone, so I told her I would read the book to her.  At this point, she asked me if it was okay for her to take her sandals off.  I told her that I didn't care if her mom didn't care.  Well, off she went, yelling for her mom, who happened to be one of the women on the computers.  I couldn't hear what they were saying, but they both walked over to where Missy and I were sitting, and the little girl looked at me and said,

"She cares".

It was adorable!  Her mom called her over, and called her a wise guy, then they both walked away laughing.  It was adorable!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Mother didn't say anything to you?Hahaaa...Lordy.
hughugs

jenn said...

Miss Donna ~ nope. not one word.