Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Last Weekend Of Summer

Even though we technically have another month of summer left, this weekend is generally known as the end of summer.  Kids around the country are heading back to school next week.  That is, the ones who haven't already started back.  My kids went back three weeks ago.  My nephews go back this coming week.

Just because summer is coming to an end doesn't mean that summer fun has to end.  I am a big swimmer, and so are my kids.  One of the things I have always wanted to, but have yet to do, is visit a water park.  I mean, what can be more fun than sliding down huge slides into huge pools of water?

We live pretty close to a huge indoor water park, and I have been wanting to visit it for a while now.  I think the kids would love it.  Okay, who am I kidding?  I would love it too!  The best thing about indoor water parks is that the weather doesn't factor into the fun.  It could be freezing outside, but inside, we could be in our bathing suits having a ball. 

Hopefully by this time next year, I can say we visited the park, and I'll let you all know how much fun we had.  Oh, and I'm sure I will have tons of pictures to share, too.

No comments: