Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Embarrassing!

 I made a complete fools out of myself a couple of weeks ago.  Let me start by saying that I am pretty illiterate when it comes to computers and all the Coolest Gadgets that go along with them.  Most of the time, I can turn on my computer and do what I have to do to post here, but that's about it.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I came home from work and sat at my desk, ready to start up my laptop.  One of the kids had been on it, so it was already on, so I just clicked where I wanted to go and poof, my computer went dead.  I tried to restart it, and noting.  I made sure the power cord was plugged in, which is was, and still nothing.  I looked to make sure it was plugged into the wall, which is one, so I started freaking out.  My computer is only about 6 months old, so I shouldn't be having problems with it.  I was ready to start looking for Dell coupons so I could buy a new laptop.  Instead, I called my dad.   He's pretty good with the computer, so I told him what was going on.  He told me to check the power cord again, and when I did, I realized that even though it was plugged into my computer and the wall, the plug that goes into the middle part of the charger was unplugged.

I felt like such an idiot!  At least I was only an idiot for my dad, and I didn't go into a store with Best Buy coupons to buy a new laptop. That would have been a waste of money, even if I had gotten a good deal.

No comments: