Saturday, September 10, 2011

Church

I grew up going to church.  Every Sunday, my grandparents would come to our house at 9:15 and pick up my siblings and I to go to Sunday School.  I made great friends this way, and I truly believe that is why we were all such good kids.  As I got older, I would ride to church with my best friend.  Eventually, I started working, and stopped going to church altogether.

Now that I am a mom, I feel guilty that my kids don't go to church on a regular basis.  A few weeks ago when Brandi realized there was no Santa, she asked me if we made up Christmas being God's birthday, too.  How horrible is that?  My kids are going to need Spiritual Workshops or something to learn all the things I learned growing up in church.

Or I could start taking them to church on Sundays.  Ryan has been bugging me for a while now to go to a church that is right around the block from where we live now.  It looks like a nice church, and it's not too big.  That's important to me, because I don't want to go to a church where we will be lost in the crowd.  I want to find a small church that is friendly and accepting.  That shouldn't be too hard, right?

1 comment:

Karen and Gerard said...

I'm sure any small church would welcome your family. I wouldn't rely solely on the church though to teach your kids the Bible and spiritual truths. You could certainly teach them about Jesus yourself.

I grew up in church too and have gone my whole life, actively being involved in ministry. I get a lot of joy doing that.

I hope you find a good Bible-believing, Christ honoring church that your whole family can be comfortable in and enjoy worshiping God together with others.