Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Need A Vacation!

Thursday and yesterday were pretty busy at work.  These days are pretty rare.  Most days, I get to come home for an hour or two for lunch, but on busy days, I'm lucky if I can find the time to sneak through a drive through to get something to eat.  I like the busy days, though, because the day goes by quickly.

I haven't called in sick once since I started this job, even when I am sick I go to work.  For the past few weeks, I have been feeling a little burned out.  I would love to be able to pack up the kids for a few days, or a week, and just take off somewhere and not have to use my brain at all.  The problem with this is that I don't have any money.  I would need someone to donate timeshares to me so I could get a little "me" time.  I would pack a few books and my mp3, and forget about the rest of the world for a while.

Of course, reality often sets in, and I realize that my vacation will consist of me enjoying the quiet weekends I have to myself when the kids are with their dad. 

No comments: