Saturday, October 8, 2011

Shopping Virtual Malls

 I am fairly new to online shopping.  I am not a fan of shopping in general, because crowded stores kind of freak me out.  I am not one of those people who feels the need to have the latest and best of everything.  I refuse to stand in line just to have the latest phone or whatever.  I would much rather sit at home with my computer and shop online.  I can ever do it in my pajamas!

There are so many virtual stores to shop in, and people are opening their own stores every day.  In fact, you can visit a Virtual Mall and find just about everything you need. You could even open your own store in less than twenty minutes, with very little start up costs.  I am going to try really hard to give only handmade gifts this year for Christmas, and those that I can not make myself, I am going to buy online.  I would much rather give my money to an individual than a big store.

Last year, I did the majority of my Christmas shopping online, and this year I hope to do the same.  I have no time these days to do much of anything, and being able to have the gifts I buy online delivered to my home would be such a time saver.  Plus, I can shop whenever I want, even at two o'clock in the morning.  I know a lot of other people feel the way I do, and it makes me wonder what the future holds.  I mean, if we can eventually find everything we need online, who is going to shop in "regular" stores?  The only thing I don't buy online is clothes, but that is because I have a hard time finding clothes that fit me properly and I like to try things on. 

What are the things you do or don't buy online?  Why?

No comments: