Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Want To Visit Silverlake Restaurants

I used to love bland food.  I was the girl who ate salami on white bread for lunch with no condiments. I did not even like mayonnaise until I was well into my teens.  I hated pizza as a child, and remember my mom making me a hot dog whenever the rest of the family enjoyed pizza.  I wouldn't even put sauce on my spaghetti.  Here is the weirdest thing, though.  I have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I've had a peanut butter sandwich and a jelly sandwich, but never combined.  I know.  Weird.

The past several years, however, my taste buds have changed.  I find that bland foods are, well, bland.  I discovered pesto, and out it on all my sandwiches.  I love whole grain breads, and eat every type of pizza imaginable.  I am no longer afraid to try new foods, and have found that things I swore I would never eat have become some of my favorite foods.

There is still one type of food that I have yet to try, and that is Indian food.  It's not that I don;t want to, it's just that their are not any Indian restaurants around where I live.  If I lived somewhere trendier, like the City Of Los Angeles, I might have better luck finding an Indian restaurant.  In fact, I discovered that there is a new blend of  modern-Indian cuisine by Chef Imram Ali Mookhi that is becoming quite popular.  There are two Silverlake Restaurants where he serves his creations, and I wish I lived close enough to go and try what he makes.  I have heard that Indian food is quite spicy, which sounds delicious to me new palate.  They have an appetizer on their menu called Sprout Street, and it's made with chick peas, potato, tortilla chips, sprout and sweetened yogurt.  How yummy does that sound?  Chick peas are one of my newest favorite foods, so I think I would enjoy this very much.

If I ever find myself in California, I am going to make it a point to check out these restaurants.  Until then, I will continue to search for an Indian restaurant close to me.

5 comments:

meadowly said...

Go ahead ..pamper your taste buds with Indian cuisine.You wont regret it.Infact you 'll be craving for more..:)

papel1 said...

I grew up in Los Angeles and so many areas have trendy restaurants. I remember visiting the Silverlake area. I may like living in a rural area but I love visiting cities.
Judy

Sloane Rossi said...

My mom always telling me that your tastes in food change every seven years. While I have loved (pizza) and hated (seafood) some foods all my life, I do find myself liking some thing I never have before. Like stuffing and green bean casserole.

Sandi said...

I would love to try it too. Not sure if there is any place around here though.

Tammy said...

Ok that is weird that you have never had a PB & J. I live on them and so do my kid's. I only like grape jelly on my PB & J's. :)