Saturday, January 14, 2012

Growing Up

When I was in school, we didn't get to have hallway lockers until we were in junior high school.  Back then, that meant seventh grade.  My kids are in a district where they start switching classes in fourth grade, which is where Brandi is right now.  Switching classes also means she gets a locker in the hallway.  She thinks she's hot stuff because of it, too. 

One of the best things about having a school locker is decorating it.  Brandi went crazy when we found some Victorious stuff that can be used to decorate lockers.  I didn't have the money at the time to get it for her, but I have a feeling when I have some extra money she is going to hit me up for it.  We found this cool covering that goes on the outside, but I'm not sure the school would let her use it. We also found mirrors and shelves; all the things a young girl would need to make her locker her own. 

I find it hard to believe some days that my baby is growing up.  It starts with lockers, and soon she'll be discovering boys and wanting to date.  I can't wait.  And yes, that was sarcasm. 

No comments: