Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Numbers

I drive a delivery van, as most of you know.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when a place I am delivering to doesn't have their name or street number on their building.  I can not tell you how many times I have gone into the wrong place because of this.  I wish it was required that every building have custom address plaques displayed where they are visible to their customers.  It's a good thing that once I deliver somewhere, I am good at remembering where the business is should I have to go there again.

I know it is required by law that homes have their numbers clearly visible from the street so it's easy for emergency personnel to find them should an emergency arise.  I have seen some beautiful residential address plaques while on the road.  In fact, my mom just bought two different personalized address plaques for her house.  One is hung beside her front door and the other is hanging from the bottom of her mailbox. She recently redid her mailbox, and it looks beautiful.  She replaced her old metal mailbox on a pole with a wooden one, which she then surrounded with a flower bed.  In fact, she put a lot of work into her entire yard, and I have to admit that it is the prettiest yard in her neighborhood.  Well, I say she put a lot of work into it, but I'm pretty sure her boyfriend did most of the heavy labor.

Either way, I still think my life would be easier if everyone displayed their street numbers on their business or home.

No comments: