Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Floors

If we ever move out of this apartment, I am going to make sure the next place we live does not have carpet.  I used to love carpeting. I love the way it feels under my feet when I wake up in the morning. I like that the kids can lounge out on the floor and be comfortable.  I don't like the stains that seem to materialize out of nowhere.  The apartment complex had our carpets professionally cleaned before we moved in, but as time passes, old stains are beginning to reappear.  It's actually kind of gross.

I wish we had hardwood flooring.  Not only is it stain resistant, but it is easier to keep clean.  I really like the idea of sweeping instead of vacuuming.  For comfort, I can get some area rugs in colors that accent my furniture and curtains. There are also so many different shades of hardwood flooring.  My sister has dark hardwood floors, and they are beautiful.  She painted her hallway a light blue, and the contrast between the floor and the walls is awesome.  Her den has dark maroon walls, and they compliment the dark floors as well. 

I guess what I am trying to say is that I hate carpet and love hardwood floors. 

No comments: