Thursday, June 14, 2012

Measoning

I love to cook.  Unfortunately, with my work schedule the way it is, I only find the time to make dinner on the weekends.  During the week, the kids eat leftovers, and then kind of fend for themselves with cereal, sandwiches, and frozen pizzas.

On the weekends, I really do try and put forth effort into making a nutritious, delicious meal.  I cook a lot of chicken.  In fact, last weekend was the first time in a really long time that I cooked beef.  I made a delicious London Broil, with potatoes, corn, and cheese biscuits.  The problem with cooking chicken all the time is finding different ways to prepare it.  I usually buy bottled seasonings, and kind of stir fry the chicken with it in a little bit of olive oil.  It always turns out pretty good, but I would love to buy individual spices and make a blend of my own, I just don't know enough about them to know which would taste well with which.  Did that just make sense?

If you use a blend of your own seasonings, you should submit it to Measoning.com.  This site allows users to submit their spice recipes, and they pick the best ones and post them on their site. Others can go and rate the recipes, and then Measoning.com picks the best recipe and has it bottled and sold for one month.  (the winner will receive royalties) After four months, they will pick the best recipe those four recipes sold and make it an official Measoning, with the winner receiving royalties.

If you do submit a recipe, make sure you come back here and tell me.  I really want to try them all!

No comments: