Thursday, June 14, 2012

Texas Auto Insurance

I was invited to go to the beach for two weeks, and I can not tell you how badly I want to go.  I can't take the time off of work, but I did ask my boss for a Monday off so that the kids and I can go down for a long weekend.  Kasi's best friend's mother invited her to go with them for the full two weeks, and asked if Brandi, Ryan and I would like to join them. I haven't had a vacation in years, so I am excited about going, even if it is for only three days.

I am not sure that my car will make the six hour trip, especially with all the problems I had last summer with it overheating all the time.  I looked at rental cars online this morning, and I can get one for around $65 for all three days.  I don't think this is a bed price, but I am going to continue doing more research before I commit myself to this company.  I have never rented a car before, so I don't know if this price includes car insurance, or if that would be extra, or if the insurance I have on my car also covers rental cars.  I only have liability on my car, and I'm pretty sure that I would want full coverage on the rental, just in case something happens.

My insurance is pretty cheap every month, but I think when my policy expires I might look into finding it cheaper with a different company.  I don't think I could get Texas auto insurance since I live in South Carolina, but I am sure there is a company locally that can get me a better deal.  Or at least that is what I am hoping.