Thursday, June 28, 2012

Finding Child Care In Your Area

Just the other day I realized that Christmas is only six months away.  SIX MONTHS? How is it possible that this year is going by so quickly?  In a little over a month my kids will be heading back to school.  Ryan will be a, gasp, junior, Kasi will be a sophomore, and Brandi will be in fifth grade.  Last year after school, Brandi went to a neighbors house after school until Ryan and Kasi got home, and I paid this woman $15 a week.  I was hoping that she would feel comfortable to come home herself this year and be alone for an hour until the older kids got home, but she doesn't want to.  I'm not sure that I want her going back to the same sitter, since there were a couple of incidents last year where Brandi came home and they weren't home, and she didn't know what to do.  Thankfully, another neighbor let her sit at her house.  My only concern is that I have no idea how to find child care in my area, since we haven't been living here that long.


I found a site called momtrusted.com where you can type in your zip code and find child care in your area.  Unfortunately, when I typed in my area code there were no results.  I plan on continuing to check it, and hopefully before school starts I will find someone dependable.  I found out that they not only connect you with sitter, you can also find preschools and nannies.  


If worse comes to worse, I'll have to use the same sitter.  I will probably also send Brandi to school with a house key, so on those occasions when she is left alone, she can just come here and wait for her sister and brother.  I know she won't like that, but she can talk to me on the phone the entire time, since I drive a delivery van and it doesn't matter if I am on the phone or not.  In fact, I spend the majority of my day talking to my kids and my friends on the phone.  It's one of the many benefits of being alone in my van all day.

No comments: